York Region Alliance of African Canadian Communities (The Alliance) an advocacy and community service entity, is seeking an experienced Program Manager to lead the operations of our organization.
The right candidate will possess the following qualities:
• Experienced in, group leadership, and program development skills.
• A sound understanding of African history, youth maturation processes, and a lived understanding of issues, currently confronting Black youth.
• Results oriented
• An excellent communicator
• A team player
• Report to the Board of Directors and keep them informed
• Develop and implement operational plans and policies
• Provide oversight to a Youth Mentorship Program
• Create an environment that promotes great performance
• Oversee fiscal activity, including budgeting and reporting
• Assure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations
• Identify and address opportunities, risks and threats for the organization
• Build alliances and partnerships within and outside the sector as appropriate
• Client support and referral
• University degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience, in Social Work, or other Human services disciplines
• Minimum 3 years proven experience in a senior management position in a community based non-profit organization.
• Knowledge of general finance and budgeting.
• Strong computer skills with knowledge of Windows, MS Office, and Internet.
• Ability to build consensus and relationships among, board, volunteers, clients, and partners.
• Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions
• Ability to inspire confidence and create trust
• Effective communication (written and oral), and presentation skills
• Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively
• The Program manager usually works in an office environment, but the mission of the organization frequently requires work out in the community
• The manager works a standard work week, but additionally will often work evening, weekends, and flexible hours to accommodate activities of the Mentorship Program, Board meetings, and representing the organization at various events.
Contract Position, 2+ years
Remuneration competitive within the sector
Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Deadline Nov.30th 2018)
No phone enquiry
YRAACC, an equal opportunity employer, will respond only to candidates selected for interviews.